How To Use | Digital Bookmark
First Time Use/Set Up
Remove the plastic battery protector by pulling firmly in one direction until the strip is free from the unit. The bookmark should emit a tone and the display should appear 12:00. If you have any trouble with the display please check the contacts and battery as they may have shifted in the battery compartment when pulling the plastic tab free.
Check the Contacts
Remove the back cover and take out the single LR1130 battery from the unit. With the battery out of the space, check for any plastic tab debris that may have been left behind. Locate the silver contact bar on the side wall of the battery well. Gently bend the tips of this bar toward the center of the battery well and then replace the battery by sliding it into the space up to this contact bar. Your bookmark should now emit a tone and the display should appear 12:00.
- Press mode to select am/pm display
- To set the clock, press and hold mode button until display flashes, then release mode button
- Press hrs to set the correct hour, noting the am or pm in the top corner
- Press mins to set the correct minutes
- Once correct time is on the display, press the mode button again to exit setup and start the clock
To set a reading session on your timer:
- Press mode to select the countdown which has a down arrow indicator in the corner display
- Timer must be stopped to set the time or reset to zero. The bookmark is stopped when the time colon is not flashing. You press the orange start/stop button to switch between on and off (time colon flashing and not flashing)
- Press the hrs button once for each hour you want to set or mins button once for each minute you want to add to the desired number of minutes for this session. Seconds will not be displayed until the final minute of the session. If you are setting the timer for 10 minutes the display will show 00:10
- Now press the orange start/stop button to begin the countdown. Time passage will be displayed by the time colon blinking representing the seconds.
- At the final minute, the display will switch to show the seconds countdown. The display window will show SE:59, 58, 57…. to zero
- The session can be paused and restarted at any time. Once the session time is up, the bookmark will sound an alarm for 30 seconds and then stop.
- At the end of the alarm or at any time you choose to reset, press the orange start/stop button to stop the time colon from blinking and press the hrs and mins button at the same time
Count Up/Cumulative MODE
- Press the mode button so that the up arrow is displayed in the right side of the window
- Press the orange start/stop button to begin the accumulation of time. For the first minute, the display will switch to SE:01, 02, 03… until :59 then the display will switch to minute by minute timing. The time colon will continue to flash to represent the seconds time passage but the display will only switch minute by minute
- You many pause and restart the timer in this mode as often as you like by pressing the orange start/stop button to toggle between on and off.
- You may reset the timer to zero at any time buy pressing the orange start/stop button to turn the bookmark off (time colon not flashing). Now press the hrs and mins buttons at the same time to set the timer to 00:00
To Change the Battery
- Remove the LR1130 battery in the well and replace with a new battery, print facing you and slide it in toward the silver contact bar on the side wall of the battery well.
- The bookmark will then emit a tone and the display will appear 12:00
- Follow the directions above to reset the clock